Durazo hit his second career grand slam with two outs in the ninth inning Saturday, helping the A’s to a 6-5 victory. The homer was the third in the last two games for Durazo, who hit a pair of two-run shots in the A’s 4-2 win Friday night.
“Erubiel carries us again,” Oakland manager Ken Macha said. “Gives us a little breathing room and we needed all of it.”
Durazo entered the series with one homer and four RBIs.
“I feel a lot of confidence,” he said.
The A’s have won two straight after a season-high six-game losing skid.
For the second straight day, the Devil Rays rallied in the ninth inning but came up short. Jose Cruz Jr., who snapped an 0-for-37 stretch with a seventh-inning single, smashed a two-run homer in the ninth, but it wasn’t enough to stop Tampa Bay’s slide.
The Devil Rays have lost six straight, managing just 10 runs in the last 46 innings.
“When you’re losing games, you find a way to lose them,” Tampa Bay manager Lou Piniella said.
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- Athletics-Devil Rays Preview
- Arizona's Miller considering Tommy John surgery for UCL tear
- Mets' Syndergaard misses start because of biceps discomfort
- Harper homers in 11-run 7th, Turner, Nats rout Rockies 16-5
- Urias makes solid 2017 debut as Dodgers beat Giants in 10
- Nolasco, Norris lead Angels to 2-1 win over Athletics