Mets @ Nationals, May 14: Saturday's suspended game resumes at 12:35 p.m. on SNY
STREAM THE METS ON THE SNY APP
The Mets and Washington Nationals resume Saturday’s suspended game at 12:35 p.m. on SNY.
- At the time the game was suspended, Washington was leading 1-0 in the top of the third, but the Mets were threatening with runners on second and third and one out and Brandon Nimmo at the plate
- Joey Lucchesi threw the first two innings and allowed one run on four hits and a walk, Stephen Nogosek will be the first pitcher for the Mets when play resumes
- This is the second straight year the Mets are playing a doubleheader on Mother's Day. Last season they split a double-dip with the Philadelphia Phillies
- This New York's 25th road game of the season, the second-most in MLB, and the Mets are 12-12 away from Citi Field.
- Friday in Washington, Francisco Lindor's bases-clearing single in the sixth inning was enough to spark New York's struggling offense while the pitching between Tylor Megill and the bullpen did the rest. Lindor's three-RBI single joined historic company as just the third such instance in Mets history -- the others were Edgardo Alfonzo Aug. 27, 1997, against the San Francisco Giants in the seventh inning and Tug McGraw Sept. 8, 1970, versus the Montreal Expos in the eighth.
- Among the others to complement Megill out of the bullpen, David Robertson struck out four in 1.2 IP. Along the way, he earned his 1,00th career strikeout. Through 15 appearances this season, Robertson (0.53 ERA) has allowed one run on eight hits while striking out 24 and walking five in 15.1 IP.
Brandon Nimmo, CF
Lane Thomas, RF
Jeff McNeil, LF
Luis Garcia, 2B
Francisco Lindor, SS
Joey Meneses, DH
Pete Alonso, 1B
Keibert Ruiz, C
Brett Baty, 3B
Alex Call, CF
Starling Marte, RF
Dominic Smith, 1B
Daniel Vogelbach, DH
Luis Guillorme, 2B
Stone Garrett, LF
CJ Abrams, SS
Who is starting for the Mets?
Joey Lucchesi got the start for the Mets on Saturday afternoon. Prior to the game being suspended, the left-hander allowed one run over two innings of work.
Stephen Nogosek will be the first pitcher for the Mets when the game resumes. The right-hander hasn't pitched in five days so he should be able to give New York some length.
Nogosek has a 4.85 ERA through six appearances this season.
Who is starting for the Nationals?
RHP Trevor Williams, a member of the Mets from 2021-22, was the original start for the Nationals on Saturday afternoon. He will be responsible for the runners on second and third.
Another former Met, Erasmo Ramirez, will start the afternoon in his place. The veteran right-hander has a 4.58 ERA through 16 appearances so far this season.
The Mets and Nationals continue their four-game series with the second game of this doubleheader at 4:35 p.m. on SNY.
New York RHP Max Scherzer (2-2, 5.56 ERA) and Washington RHP Jake Irvin (1-0, 0.84 ERA) are penciled in as the starters.