Today is Marshawn Lynch's home debut as a Raider, and he's put 5 free skittles vending machines in different locations around Oakland. pic.twitter.com/Ksgiq87KZw
— The MMQB (@theMMQB) September 17, 2017
Lynch dotted the Oakland area with free Skittles—in packs, presumably, not just hurled from a great height, though that would be cool too. Yes, this is obviously a corporate guerrilla marketing attempt, with the pre-printed signs (and misspelled “Y’all”), but hey, free candy is free candy.
[Watch on Yahoo: Ravens vs. Jaguars live from London Sept. 24]
Lynch is making an effort to connect with his hometown even as his team has its eyes set on Las Vegas. Earlier this year, Lynch offered free haircuts to kids with good grades. This ought to get him even better publicity.
Jay Busbee is a writer for Yahoo Sports and the author of EARNHARDT NATION, on sale now at Amazon or wherever books are sold. Contact him at email@example.com or find him on Twitter or on Facebook.
More NFL coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Of course RobGronkowski’s 69th touchdown was special
• JoeFlacco ties dubious NFL record
• Report: Cowboys owner ‘impeding’ new contract for NFL commissioner
• Bucs, Jags, Dolphins sport ‘One Florida’ helmet decals
• Portrait of a Fan: Ravens’ ‘Captain Dee-Fense’