RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: NEWS CONFERENCE WITH LIVERPOOL MANAGER, JUERGEN KLOPP, LIVERPOOL TRAINING
SHOWS: LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (NOVEMBER 24, 2020) (UEFA - NO RESALES. NO COMMERCIAL USE. MUST ON-SCREEN COURTESY "©UEFA 2020")
1. LIVERPOOL FORWARD, MOHAMED SALAH (RIGHT) WALKING ON TRAINING PITCH ALONGSIDE DEFENDER, KOSTAS TSIMIKAS (NUMBER 21)
2. LIVERPOOL MANAGER, JUERGEN KLOPP WALKING ON TRAINING PITCH
3. SALAH WARMING UP WITH DEFENDERS, RHYS WILLIAMS AND NECO WILLIAMS (NUMBER 96) JUST BEHIND HIM
4. SALAH, RHYS WILLIAMS AND NECO WILLIAMS WARMING UP
5. PLAYERS WARMING UP
6. SALAH, RHYS WILLIAMS, NECO WILLIAMS WARMING UP, SALAH TURNING HIS BACK TO CAMERA
7. (SOUNDBITE) (English) LIVERPOOL MANAGER, JUERGEN KLOPP, SAYING:
"Mo (Salah) trained with the team yesterday and looked really good. So, his (COVID-19) test was negative as well. So, all the tests were negative. So, that's now... he's, if nothing changed since yesterday then he's available, which is good. For now, we have to of course to see what we do with that because he was in quarantine until three or four days ago, three days ago I think."
8. MIDFIELDER, JAMES MILNER (NUMBER 7) AND DEFENDERS, ANDREW ROBERTSON (NUMBER 26), NATHANIEL PHILLIPS (NUMBER 16) AND TSIMIKAS (NUMBER 21) WARMING UP
9. KLOPP ON TRAINING PITCH
10. MIDFIELDER, FABINHO (NUMBER 3) AND FORWARD, TAKUMI MINAMINO (NUMBER 18), DEFENDER, BILLY KOUMETIO AND STRIKER, DIVOCK ORIGI (WOOLLY HAT) WARMING UP
11. (SOUNDBITE) (English) LIVERPOOL MANAGER, JUERGEN KLOPP, SAYING:
"I don't know. Yes, scoring goals is always important for Bobby (Roberto Firmino) but Bobby is a complete footballer. And a football team is like an orchestra, so we all have to play we need to have people for different... what's the English word, instruments? Is it? Yes. Is it?
PRESS OFFICER (OFF CAMERA), SAYING: "Like, a violin is an instrument."
"Yes, a violin is an instrument. Brilliant... for different instruments. And some of them are louder than, some of them are not that loud but they're all important for the rhythm and Bobby is incredibly important, he plays like 12 instruments in our orchestra. So, he's important, incredibly important for our rhythm. Thank God, we can play without him as well but it's nice to have him on the pitch. And if you look at the numbers, obviously I like it a lot - having him on the pitch - because he played pretty often. So, I'm not concerned about anything with Bobby but I know that from time to time it helps to score a goal and this goal was very important. But what I loved most about the goal is the reaction of the boys when you saw the celebration. We always celebrate goals obviously but the celebration for that goal was nearly emotional because obviously the players read newspapers, unfortunately, and they saw that there was some criticism. So, they were really happy for him to score that goal and it felt absolutely just right."
12. SALAH, RHYS WILLIAMS, NECO WILLIAMS, MIDFIELDERS, JAKE CAIN AND LEIGHTON CLARKSON WARMING UP / FABINHO, MINAMINO, KOUMETIO AND ORIGI (NUMBER 27) WARMING UP
13. TRAINING SESSION IN PROGRESS
14. MIDFIELDER, GEORGINIO WIJNALDUM (NUMBER 5), DEFENDER, JOEL MATIP (NUMBER 32), STRIKER, DIOGO JOTA, MIDFIELDER, CURTIS JONES (NUMBER 17) AND STRIKER, SADIO MANE WARMING UP
15. (SOUNDBITE) (English) LIVERPOOL MANAGER, JUERGEN KLOPP, SAYING:
"It (Atalanta) is a threat without a point to prove, to be honest, but of course the night in Atalanta was a really special one. We played exceptionally well and did pretty much everything right in the right moment, in the right manner and so many things came together that we won that game the way we won it. But we are not only since yesterday in the business. So, we know that this game has nothing to do with the game tomorrow night and that means that we really have to be ready again. So, Atalanta is a top team and with a special way to play and at Atalanta, we did really well. We have to do well again, otherwise we have massive problems. I expect problems, to be honest, in the game because it's always like this but we try to work on solutions for the potential problems in the short period of time we have in our hands and then let's see how it will be."
16. GOALKEEPER, ALISSON BECKER TRAINING
17. WIJNALDUM PASSING BALL
18. ROBERTSON AND MILNER JOGGING ON PITCH
19. (SOUNDBITE) (English) LIVERPOOL MANAGER, JUERGEN KLOPP, TALKING ABOUT BRITISH GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT SOME FANS WILL BE ALLOWED INTO SPORTING EVENTS FROM DECEMBER 2, SAYING:
"I don't think it's unfair because it depends obviously to the situation in the specific areas how I understand it. The problem is what I have at this moment, maybe more a personal problem, is that I struggle to put faith in any kind of announcements. But... and I don't understand... OK, you ask me now about it; I don't understand why you can put 2,000 people in a stadium with 60,000 people and 2,000 people in a stadium with 9,000 people... where 9,000 people would fit in. So, I don't understand that but I'm not surprised that it's not finally thought through so far but it's good news. It's a good sign, as that I take it 100% but your question was, is it unfair. I don't think it's unfair. It's just the situation. It's the world at the moment and we cannot change these kinds of things."
20. KLOPP WALKING ON TRAINING PITCH
21. KLOPP WALKING ON PITCH AS SALAH PASSES BALL
22. TRAINING SESSION IN PROGRESS
STORY: Liverpool boss Juergen Klopp confirmed on Tuesday (November 24) that forward Mohamed Salah would be available for their Champions League group stage match against Atalanta on Wednesday (November 25).
Salah missed Liverpool's 3-0 win over Leicester City last Sunday (November 22) after contracting COVID-19 while on international duty with Egypt last week but has since tested negative.
Salah's team mate, Roberto Firmino scored in the win against Leicester City which was only his third goal in 24 Premier League appearances. However, when asked about the Brazilian international's output Klopp compared his team to an orchestra and said Firmino is a versatile forward who always hits the right notes even if he is not scoring.
Liverpool have won their opening three matches in Group D, including a 5-0 victory over Atalanta earlier this month but Klopp said he would not take the Italian side lightly.
(Production: Tim Hart)