A number of NBA players are showing their support Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN’s top NBA reporter, who landed himself in hot water after emailing an expletive phrase excoriating Sen. Josh Hawley. Wojnarowski reported has been suspended, but ESPN has not confirmed that.
Wojnarowski was replying to Hawley’s press release announcing that the GOP junior senator from Missouri had sent a letter complaining to NBA Commissioner Adam Silver regarding the social justice statements NBA players can wear during games and criticizing NBA’s cozy relationship with China.
More from Deadline
- NBA Analyst Charles Barkley On League's Social Justice Efforts: "We're Turning Into A Circus"
- ESPN Suspends Star NBA Reporter Adrian Wojnarowski For Obscene Tweet To US Senator
- ESPN Sets '30 For 30' Series On 1986 Mets From Executive Producer Jimmy Kimmel
Wojnarowski replied, “F*ck you.”
He has also issued an apology saying he was “disrespectful” and had “made a regrettable mistake.”
NBA players were quick to defend their beloved insider including players Lebron James, Lou Williams and Bam Adebayo. They tweeted hashtag “#FreeWoj” after news of his suspension Saturday in support of Wojnarowski’s commutation.
— Spencer Dinwiddie (@SDinwiddie_25) July 12, 2020
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Numbers Skyrocket As New Cases Hit Record Highs 3 Times In Past 10 Days - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto