LaVar Ball insists Big Baller Brand is ‘alive and well’ amid legal battle, website takeover

Ryan YoungYahoo Sports Contributor
While his current website was hijacked by former business partner Alan Foster, LaVar Ball is apparently planning to rebuild the Big Baller Brand. (Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images)
While his current website was hijacked by former business partner Alan Foster, LaVar Ball is apparently planning to rebuild the Big Baller Brand. (Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images)

Despite a legal battle and appearances that the brand has nearly collapsed, LaVar Ball insists Big Baller Brand is “alive and well.”

LaVar and Big Baller Brand co-founder Alan Foster have each filed lawsuits against the other, stemming from an incident in March when the Ball family alleged that Foster stole $1.5 million from Lonzo Ball’s personal and business accounts and cut all ties with him. That battle, among other things, essentially killed the Big Baller Brand in recent months.

Scroll to continue with content
Ad

Ball, however, said Wednesday through representative Denise White that he still has big plans for Big Baller Brand.

“The Big Baller Brand is alive and well,” White said, via ESPN. “The brand has been restructuring and we are working to reveal the new website in the next few weeks. It will have a new look and a new name.

“LaVar Ball has put a great team of seasoned industry professionals in place to move the brand forward with exciting new products along with signature shoes and sportswear under the Ball name.”

Alan Foster takes over Big Baller Brand website

Amid their legal feud, Foster has taken over the current Big Baller Brand website.

Upon arrival to BigBallerBrand.com, users are redirected to Foster’s official website in which he delivers a video message teaching viewers how to achieve the “baller lifestyle.” LaVar is working to launch a new website — BigBallerBrandInc.com — though it is currently under construction.

He used his announcement Wednesday to take another shot at Foster, too.

While Foster filed a countersuit against Ball — claiming that he embezzled more than $2.5 million from the family-owned companies “to fund his own extravagant lifestyle” — Ball again brought up Foster’s criminal past. Foster, who previously owned 16.3 percent of the Big Baller Brand, was convicted in 2002 of running a fraudulent stock scheme that yielded nearly $4 million, and also later pleaded guilty to mail fraud and money laundering.

“Unfortunately Alan Foster continues to try and leverage the Ball Family name for his own game,” White said, via ESPN. “Alan Foster is a convicted felon who served seven years in jail for defrauding people out of their money. He is a thief and con man and cannot be believed or trusted.”

More from Yahoo Sports:

What to Read Next