While the Lions haven’t had any concerning COVID-19 results since training camp — their last instance was the Matthew Stafford false-positive — their opponents have made a lot of headlines recently.
A false-positive result from a New Orleans Saints player threatened Week 4, but the game was played on time. The Atlanta Falcons (Lions Week 7 opponent) had a positive result on Thursday, but have already passed protocols and reopened their facility. The Indianapolis Colts (Lions Week 8 opponent) had four false-positives on Friday and are also already back on schedule.
Then yesterday, a Jaguars’ practice squad player had a positive result, but the team retested players and shut down their facility, leading to the NFL determining that the threat was contained and the game could be played as scheduled.
Here’s everything you need to know for how to watch or listen to this week’s game.
How To Watch
When: Sunday, October 18th at 1:00 p.m. EST
Where: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, Florida
Referee: Shawn Hochuli
- Lions – 3 (Lions opened at -3.5)
- Over/Under 54.5 points
- Money line, Lions -159, Jaguars +135
- 70-percent of experts are picking the Lions to win
- Play-by-play: Chris Myers
- Color commentary: Greg Jennings
- Sideline reporter: Brock Huard
Broadcast map courtesy of 506 Sports, the Detroit Lions versus the Jacksonville Jaguars viewing audience is highlighted in Orange.
How to listen
Detroit area radio: WJR 760 AM radio
- Announcers: Dan Miller and Lomas Brown
SIRIUS: 132 (Lions), 113 (Jaguars)
XM: 388 (Lions), 230 (Jaguars)
Lions Wire game prep podcast
- Listen to Erik Schlitt on the Detroit Lions Breakdown Podcast: Episode 167: Jaguars Week 6 preview
- Listen/Watch Jeff Risdon join the Detroit Lions Podcast to break down Week 6
- Lions’ injury designations — Frank Ragnow Questionable, Desmond Trufant OUT
- Jaguars’ injury designations — Josh Allen, DJ Chark Questionable
- Week 6 comprehensive depth chart
- Lions activated Joe Dahl from IR
- Lions signed QB David Blough to the 53-man roster to prevent the Cowboys from poaching him
- CB Chris Jones waived
- Lions elevated Isaac Nauta from the practice squad
- Lions protect three practice squad players in Week 6
Lions Wire game prep articles
- Tale of the Week 6 statistical tape
- Behind Enemy Lines with Jaguars Wire
- The Honolulu Blueprint for a Lions victory over the Jaguars
- Rookie expectations for Week 6