King Charles Plans Drastic Shake-up and Royal Staff Are "Extremely Worried About Their Futures," Sources Claim

Ever since Queen Elizabeth died and her eldest son, King Charles, took over the throne, there has been great speculation as to how the 74-year-old would shake things up. Already, he has proven that his approach is drastically different from his mother's. For example, the upcoming coronation will be seriously scaled down from those in the past, with a much smaller guest list and more casual dress code. He is also making internal changes.

One of the biggest so far was adding his siblings, Princess Anne and Prince Edward, on as counselors of state, eliminating the need to call upon non-working members of the family, including Prince Harry and Prince Andrew. Now, according to new sources, he is planning on making some very big human resources changes and firing many of the Queen's staff. Keep reading to learn more— and to explore secrets of the Royal Family, don't miss these The Biggest Royal Romance Scandals of All Time.

1

There Are 491 Full-Time Staffers

The Sun reports that as of this summer, there were a whopping 491 full-time staffers across the Windsor estate. This includes Buckingham Palace, Balmoral, and Windsor Castle. But since the King is striving for a slimmed-down monarchy, many are fearing for their jobs. 

2

Many of Them Are Allegedly "Extremely Worried" About Their Jobs

Sources tell The Mirror that royal staff are "extremely worried about their futures." They are incredibly afraid that they will be axed before the year is up, as the King will no longer need their services. 

3

There Is Allegedly "A Real Sense of Dread Among Staff"

The source maintains that the holidays will likely not be so cheery for the staff. "It's a really testing time. Many are already resigned to leaving jobs they have cherished for years," a source told the publication. "It's left a real sense of dread among staff."

4

There Allegedly Have Already Been Job Losses

In September, Clarence House staffers were issued a notice of redundancy as the King prepared to move. "Everybody is absolutely livid, including private secretaries and the senior team. All the staff have been working late every night since Thursday, to be met with this. People were visibly shaken by it," a source told The Guardian at the time. 

5

The "Unsettling News" Was Allegedly Revealed After the Queen Died

They were notified in a letter by Sir Clive Alderton, the King's top aide. "The change in role for our principals will also mean change for our household … The portfolio of work previously undertaken in this household supporting the former Prince of Wales's personal interests, former activities and household operations will no longer be carried out, and the household … at Clarence House will be closed down. It is therefore expected that the need for the posts principally based at Clarence House, whose work supports these areas will no longer be needed," it read. "I appreciate that this is unsettling news and I wanted to let you know of the support that is available at this point."