Kevin Spacey Is Getting Cut From A Movie Due Out Next Month

HuffPost

A film due out next month is being reshot to removeKevin Spaceyfrom a key role amid sexual assault allegations against the actor. 

He will be replaced byChristopher Plummerin the role of J. Paul Getty in “All the Money in the World,” directed by Ridley Scott, according to Deadline.

The website reported that the cast, including Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams, and crewunanimously agreed to reshoot the scenesto remove Spacey. 

Variety cited sources as saying that work would be completed in the coming weeks and thatthe film would still be released as plannedon Dec. 22. 

The film was complete and had been set to close the AFI Fest next week, but it waspulled from the schedule after the accusations against Spacey emerged, the Los Angeles Times reported. 

A statement from Sony’s TriStar Pictures at the time said the film would still be released as planned. 

"[A] film is not the work of one person,” the statement said. “There are over 800 other actors, writers, artists, craftspeople and crew who worked tirelessly and ethically on this film, some for years, including one of cinema’s master directors. It would be a gross injustice to punish all of them for the wrongdoings of one supporting actor in the film.”

Last month, actorAnthony Rapp accused Spacey of sexual harassmentwhen he was 14 years old. Since then, a number of others have also come forward. 

On Wednesday, former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh said the actorsexually assaulted her sonlast year after giving the 18-year-old alcohol.  

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

What to Read Next