Nine takeaways from Sunday's game
- It took the Jets nearly the entire first half to put together a successful scoring drive, as Sam Darnold took them on a 10-play, 80-yard drive that resulted in a 21-yard touchdown pass to Chris Herndon with 1:40 left in the second quarter to tie the game up at 7-7.
- Frankie Luvu and Bryce Huff both recorded a sack in the first half on Patriots QB Cam Newton. The Jets defense pressured Newton consistently, as the former MVP completed 12-of-19 passes for 129 yards and a touchdown to RB James White in the first half.
- Darnold connected with WR Breshad Perriman for a 53-yard gain on the Jets' second play of the third quarter. RB Josh Adams scored on a one-yard run up the middle to give the Jets a 14-7 lead with 11:40 remaining in the third.
- Despite the touchdown, rookie LT Mekhi Becton left the game for the locker room after injuring his ankle on the scoring play.
- On first and 10 from the Jets' 19-yard line, Pats WR Jakobi Meyers found Newton in the end zone on a reverse-pass trick play. It was the first touchdown reception of Newton's career and tied the game up at 14-14.
- Patriots CB J.C. Jackson got his ninth interception on the season by picking off Darnold with nine seconds left in the third quarter. It's the 10th interception thrown by the Jets QB this season.
- Newton then connected with TE Devin Asiasi on a 26-yard touchdown pass to take a 21-14 lead with 13:54 left in the fourth quarter. It was the first touchdown reception of Asiasi's career. After a quick Jets' possession and punt, the Patriots scored right away on a 31-yard reception by RB Sony Michel to go up 28-14.
- The Jets offensive woes continued as Darnold threw his second interception on the day after a strong 16-play, eight minute drive. The QB felt pressure and threw it directly to CB Jonathan Jones in the end zone.
- Darnold finished the game with a season-high 266 yards passing, as he connected with Perriman three times for 83 yards and Herndon seven times for 63 yards and a touchdown. WR Jamison Crowder had four receptions for 31 yards as well, proving to be a reliable target for Darnold.