Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen was active before MLB's trade deadline passed at 4 p.m. on Monday, bringing in three new players -- INF/DH Todd Frazier, C Robinson Chirinos and RHP Miguel Castro -- to bolster the roster for a September playoff push.
Also, the Mets fell to the Marlins after a rough sixth inning that saw four runs come across the plate for the visiting Miami squad.
Here's what happened in Mets Land on Monday, in case you missed it, and what's on tap for Tuesday...
- Brodie Van Wagenen explained the acquisitions of Frazier, Chirinos and Castro, and what he believes they can do to help a playoff push. >> Read More
- SNY contributor John Harper broke down the MLB deadline for Van Wagenen and Yankees GM Brian Cashman, commending their abilities to not jump for the short-term fix amid this shortened season. >> Read More
- Frazier has some unfinished business with the Mets after being in Queens the past two seasons. >> Read More
- Here's the complete breakdown of the two trades for the Mets on Monday. >> Read More
- Everything you need to know from the Mets' 5-3 loss to the Marlins. >> Read More
- The Mets got some calls about the possibility of trading Edwin Diaz, but nothing came of it. >> Read More
- A trade for Christian Vazquez was rumored, but there was a 'pretty big bridge to gap' to make that happen. >> Read More
What's on Tap
The Mets hit the road for a quick two-game stint in Baltimore to face the Orioles. The first game will be played at 7:35 p.m. on Tuesday.