ICYMI in Mets Land: Brandon Nimmo's injury, Carlos Carrasco's outing headline Friday's news
Here's what happened Friday in Mets Land, in case you missed it...
- Brandon Nimmo left the Mets' 6-1 spring training win over the Marlins due to an ankle injury and is set for imaging Saturday, but Buck Showalter is optimistic, as John Harper reported from Port St. Lucie.
- Among the takeaways from the Mets' victory against Miami, Carlos Carrasco produced a bounce-back start. Carrasco headlined the highlights from the game, striking out seven over four innings.
- Away from Mets spring training at the World Baseball Classic, Francisco Lindor's run with Puerto Rico ended in the quarterfinals against Mexico with a 5-4 loss.
- The Mets will be reimbursed for Edwin Diaz's salary as long as he is on the injured list with a torn patellar tendon suffered with Puerto Rico in the World Baseball Classic.
- New York claimed Dennis Santana off waivers from the Minnesota Twins in a move that makes the 26-year-old RHP a candidate for the Opening Day bullpen.
- The Mets Pod pondered the pitchers that New York needs to step up in the bullpen amid Diaz's injury.
- From Mets camp, Harper filed a deep dive into the progression of Brett Baty, including how the Texas native's work ethic has helped him develop defensively and turn heads -- namely Showalter's -- in spring training.