Each week, TheHoosier.com will be checking in to see how former IU athletes are doing in the pros. This week, we've got updates from the NFL.
Dale Zanine / USA TODAY Sports Images
• Former IU All-American running back Tevin Coleman had a season-high nine carries for 79 yards and four receptions for 65 yards for the Atlanta Falcons in their 23-17 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. The Falcons are now 3-1, while Coleman is up to 29 carries for 183 yards and 13 receptions for 153 yards and a touchdown.
• Former IU running back Jordan Howard finished with 18 carries for 53 yards and one touchdowns plus two catches for 10 yards for the Chicago Bears in their 35-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Thursday Night Football. The Bears are now 1-3, while Howard is up to 63 carries for 252 yards and four touchdowns on the season.
• In the same game, former IU All-American left tackle Jason Spriggs was active for the Packers but remains on their injured reserve (IR). The Packers placed Spriggs on IR on Sept. 21 to allow him to recover from a hamstring injury.
• Former IU left guard Rodger Saffold helped the Los Angeles Rams pile up 412 total yards of offense in their 35-30 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday. The Rams are now 3-1 on the season and currently rank fifth in the NFL in total offense at 383.8 yards per game.
• In the same game, former IU defensive tackle Darius Latham was inactive for the Raiders.
• Former IU All-American right guard Dan Feeney saw time at left guard for the Los Angeles Chargers in their 26-24 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. Feeney was afforded the opportunity due to Chargers starting left guard Matt Slauson sustaining a tricep injury.
• Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
• Follow us on Twitter: @IndianaRivals
• Like us on Facebook.