Each week, TheHoosier.com will be checking in to see how former IU athletes are doing in the pros. This week, we've got updates from the NFL.
Patrick Gorski / USA TODAY Sports Images
• Former IU running back Jordan Howard finished with 19 carries for 76 yards for the Chicago Bears in their 20-17 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Monday Night Football. The Bears are now 1-4, while Howard is up to 63 carries for 252 yards and four touchdowns on the season.
• Former IU left guard Rodger Saffold helped the Los Angeles Rams record 375 total yards of offense in their 16-10 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday. The Rams are now 3-2 on the season and currently rank fourth in the NFL in total offense at 382 yards per game.
• Former IU All-American right guard Dan Feeney was active for the Los Angeles Chargers in their 27-22 win over the New York Giants on Sunday. The Chargers picked up their first win of the season with the result, moving to 1-4 on the year.
• Former IU All-American left tackle Jason Spriggs was inactive for the Green Bay Packers and remains on their injured reserve (IR). The Packers, who defeated the Dallas Cowboys 35-31 on Sunday to move to 4-1 on the season, placed Spriggs on IR on Sept. 21 to allow him to recover from a hamstring injury.
• Former IU defensive tackle Darius Latham made his season debut and finished with two tackles for the Oakland Raiders in their 30-17 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. However, on Monday, Latham was suspended by the NFL for four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
• Former IU All-American running back Tevin Coleman and the Atlanta Falcons had a bye week last week.
• Former IU wide receiver Cody Latimer and the Denver Broncos had a bye week last week.
• Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
• Follow us on Twitter: @IndianaRivals
• Like us on Facebook.