Stephen R. Sylvanie / USA TODAY Sports
Five former Hoosiers are currently competing in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, which runs July 7-17. Two of them remain in contention for a summer league title. Here's a look at how those two standouts performed in games played on Thursday, the second day of tournament play.
• Ferrell went scoreless with five rebounds and two assists in 27 minutes starting at guard for the 3-seeded Dallas Mavericks in their 83-76 win over the Sacramento Kings. The Mavs moved to 4-0 in summer league play and will face the 6-seeded Boston Celtics in Saturday's quarterfinals at 8 p.m. ET.
• Sheehey finished with eight points on 36.4 percent shooting from the field in 19 minutes off the bench for the top-seeded Toronto Raptors in their 91-85 loss to the 16-seeded Portland Trail Blazers. The Raptors fell to 3-2 in summer league play and will face the 2-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers in tonight's consolation round at 10:30 p.m. ET.
• Bryant logged six points and four rebounds in 13 minutes off the bench for the 15-seeded Los Angeles Lakers in their 94-83 win over the 2-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers. The Lakers moved to 3-2 in summer league play and will face the 7-seeded Brooklyn Nets in Saturday's quarterfinals at 10 p.m. ET.
Two former Hoosiers will be in action on the second day of tournament play:
• Former IU forward Troy Williams and the Houston Rockets face the Atlanta Hawks in a consolation round matchup at 4 p.m. ET on ESPNU.
• Sheeheyand the Toronto Raptors take on the 2-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers in a consolation round matchup at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBATV.
• Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
• Follow us on Twitter: @IndianaRivals
• Like us on Facebook.