Stephen R. Sylvanie / USA TODAY Sports
Five former Hoosiers are currently competing in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, which runs July 7-17. Here's a look at how a handful of those IU standouts performed in games played on Wednesday, the first day of tournament play.
• Williams finished with 20 points and four steals in 32 minutes starting at forward for the 10-seeded Houston Rockets in their 87-81 opening-round loss to the 23-seeded Denver Nuggets. The Rockets fell to 2-2 in summer league play and will face the ninth-seeded Atlanta Hawks in the consolation round Friday at 4 p.m. ET.
• Blackmon finished with 12 points in 13 minutes off the bench for the 18-seeded Philadelphia 76ers in their 103-102 loss to the 10-seeded Los Angeles Lakers. In the same game, Bryant had five points and three rebounds in 12 minutes off the bench for the Lakers.
The Lakers advanced to face the second-seeded Cavs today at 10:30 p.m. ET, while the Sixers will face the 17-seeded Chicago Bulls in the consolation round Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Three former Hoosiers will be in action on the second day of tournament play:
• Former IU forward Will Sheehey and the Toronto Raptors take on the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET on NBA TV.
• Bryantand the Los Angeles Lakers face the Cleveland Cavaliers at 10:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
• Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
• Follow us on Twitter: @IndianaRivals
• Like us on Facebook.