Stephen R. Sylvanie / USA TODAY Sports
Two of five former Hoosiers who competed in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, which runs July 7-17, remain in contention for a summer league title, while three played in consolation games on Friday. Here's a look at how the trio of former IU standouts performed in the consolation round.
• Williams finished with 13 points and four assists in 22 minutes starting at forward for the Houston Rockets in their 92-86 loss to the Atlanta Hawks. The former IU forward started in all five summer league games he played in, averaging 22 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 steals in 26.9 minutes per game while the Rockets concluded their stint in Las Vegas with a 2-3 record.
• Blackmon tallied six points and four rebounds in 18 minutes starting at shooting guard for the Philadelphia 76ers in their 99-82 loss to the Chicago Bulls. It was the lone Las Vegas summer league start for the former IU guard, who played in three of the Sixers' five games in Vegas and averaged 8.3 point and 2.3 rebounds in 15.2 minutes per game while shooting 43.5 percent from the field. Philadelphia wrapped up its stint in Las Vegas with a 1-4 record.
Philly.com Sixers beat writer Keith Pompey put together this feature on Blackmon, who is hopeful of landing a training camp invite and eventual roster spot with the NBA franchise.
• Sheehey recorded 12 points and five rebounds in 29 minutes starting at forward for the Toronto Raptors in their 78-75 overtime loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers. It was the lone Las Vegas summer league start for the former IU forward, who played in four of the Raptors' five games in Vegas and averaged 7.8 points and 2.5 rebounds in 21.9 minutes per game while shooting 30.3 percent from the field. Toronto wrapped up its stint in Las Vegas with a 3-2 record.
Two former Hoosiers will be in action on the third day of tournament play:
• Former IU center Thomas Bryant and the 15-seeded Los Angeles Lakers face the 7-seeded Brooklyn Nets in quarterfinal play at 10 p.m. ET on ESPNU.
• Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
• Follow us on Twitter: @IndianaRivals
• Like us on Facebook.