Big Ten power rankings
3. Penn State (6-1, 3-1): Nittany Lions' next big chance comes Nov. 11 with visit from Michigan.
6. Maryland (5-2, 2-2): Idle Terrapins travel to Northwestern before schedule stiffens with Penn State, Michigan.
7. Gophers (4-3, 2-2): By out-Iowa-ing Iowa to win Floyd of Rosedale, Gophers get themselves back in Big Ten West race. They'll need to go on a run to stay in it.
8. Iowa (6-2, 3-2): Offensive woes finally catch up to Hawkeyes in first loss to Gophers since 2014. Iowa ranks last nationally in total yards (232.4 per game).
10. Northwestern (3-4, 1-3): Wildcats surrender eight sacks, 15 tackles for loss against Nebraska.
11. Purdue (2-5, 1-3): With upcoming games against Nebraska and the Gophers, the Boilermakers could play the spoiler in Big Ten West race.
12. Illinois (3-5, 1-4): Illini have lost three of four after blowing 18-point fourth-quarter lead against Wisconsin.
13. Indiana (2-5, 0-4): With loss to Rutgers, Hoosiers have dropped 11 of their past 12 Big Ten games.
14. Michigan State (2-5, 0-4): After seven-TD loss to Michigan, Spartans will face a Gophers squad that suffered a six-TD loss to Michigan.