Georgia DL Jalen Carter releases statement regarding arrest warrants
— Jalen Carter (@breadmanjalen) March 1, 2023
Georgia defensive lineman Jalen Carter has released a statement following news that arrest warrants had been issued for him in connection with the January 15th traffic accident that claimed the lives of teammate Devin Willock and Bulldogs football staffer Chandler LeCroy.
Carter was not present for his scheduled media availability Wednesday at the NFL Scouting Combine, and says he intends to return to Athens to answer the charges against him. He also says that when all the facts come out, he will be “fully exonerated.”
Widely regarded as one of the best prospects in the 2023 NFL draft, Carter is a leading candidate for this year’s No. 1 overall pick.