Every year for five sweet days in late autumn, the beloved Diwali festival occurs, and order is truly restored in the universe. It’s celebrated by millions across the world, and there’s a lot to love about the Hindu festival of lights, like the whole good triumphing over evil and light overcoming darkness and new beginnings. So we understand why you're here looking for captions because every excellent holiday deserves an excellent caption.
In recent years—and, uh, *especially* for 2020's festivities—social media has become another important part of the holiday. Shilpa Narang, a community member at NYC’s Bhakti Center, says it’s an important way to link celebrants all over the world. And not to get too earnest and teary-eyed up in here, but that connection is something we can all use.
Look, the potential content is endless. Besides the back-to-back firework boomerangs that’ll surely end up on your story, there are the mouth-watering dinner pictures! The festive 'fit pics! The inevitable family Zoom screenshot! So if you wanna alert everyone on the feed about all your Diwali celebrations, we’ve got you covered. Especially if you’re tryna avoid using the classic “It’s lit” or “Be a pataka, don’t burst one” captions for like the 3rd year in a row.
FIRE 'FIT PICS
- If you don’t struggle with Sari drapes, baby you don’t feel my pain
- Obligatory Diwali 'fit pic
- Thought I’d add a little color to ya feed
- I don’t feel Sari for looking this good
- "Diwali is awesome. And there’s food and there’s gonna be dancing, and oh I got the raddest outfit." —Kelly Kapoor
- Don't mind me!! ✨🥰
DROOLY FOOD PICS
- A balanced diet is a ladoo in each hand
- 10 points to whoever can spot the *very* new stain on my outfit
- Bright lights, full stomach, can’t lose.
- I followed the lights and it led me here.
- So it turns out sharing food over Zoom is hard.
JUST GENERALLY LIT PICS (GET IT?)
- Alexa play "Firework" by Katy Perry
- Hey, look on the bright side 😎
- Baby you light up my world like nobodyyyyy else
- Do they give out degrees in Master of Fireworks Pics?
- The light is coming to give back everything the darkness stole~~
- If you’ve been looking for the light, congrats! You’ve arrived
- Baby is ur name Diya? 'Cause you light up my world
- Replacing Fireworks with a Bath and Body Works candle this year and, TBH, seems appropriate 🔥
- You’re fave part of fall is PSLs. Mine is Diwali. We are not the same. (But also, can you pick me up a PSL?)
- NBD, just here to bless your feed and the new year.
- My 2020 ends this week thanks to Diwali! Y’all enjoy the rest though 😏
You Might Also Like