French President Emmanuel Macron was on-hand Sunday at Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium as Les Bleus bested Croatia in the final to claim their first World Cup triumph since 1998. Macron was in a visibly jubilant mood as France stormed to a 4-2 win over a spirited Croatian team. Afterward, the president looked emotional as he individually hugged and congratulated each member of Didier Deschamps’ World Cup winning side and offered special congratulations to Kylian Mbappe, who garnered the award for best young player at the tournament.
Then apparently, he went back to the France locker room where the celebrations continued. It was there that France left back Benjamin Mendy taught the president how to dab.
Paul Pogba and Benjamin Mendy taught French President Emmanuel Macron how to dab!
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) July 15, 2018
Our French is admittedly not that great, but Mendy who appears shirtless wearing his winners’ medal clearly says the words “president” and “dab” while Macron, now in just his tie and shirt sleeves, good-naturedly obliges and performs the move, as Paul Pogba photobombs in from behind.
More World Cup on Yahoo Sports:
• Here are the top 18 moments of the 2018 World Cup
• World Cup: The best 23 players in Russia
• President Trump congratulates France … and Putin after World Cup final
• England’s Harry Kane wins most unimpressive Golden Boot ever
• France storms to second World Cup title in 4-2 victory over Croatia