Former Rockets guard John Wall remains unsigned on buyout market
In January, former Houston Rockets guard John Wall was extremely critical of the organization in an unexpected podcast interview. At the time, Wall was a backup with the Los Angeles Clippers after being bought out by the Rockets during the 2022 offseason.
Less than a month later, Wall hilariously ended up back with the Rockets for a few days, since he was used as a salary matching piece as part of the trade that sent Eric Gordon to the Clippers.
Wall was immediately released by Houston, for obvious reasons, which allowed him to join the midseason buyout market of free agents. Many around the league expected the five-time NBA All-Star to latch on with a contender, but there doesn’t seem to be interest.
“We’re not hearing much on him as of right now,” Bleacher Report’s Chris Haynes said of Wall in an appearance on his #thisleague UNCUT podcast with veteran NBA scribe Marc Stein.
“Nothing,” Stein agreed. “I’ve gotta be honest, I haven’t heard. I really haven’t heard of any market there.”
Haynes had previously said Wall would be among the “top midseason free agents,” but it appears teams have other ideas.
An unfortunate update on the John Wall situation. https://t.co/vxtnE9wWNZ
— Game 7 (@game7__) February 27, 2023
Now 32 years old, Wall averaged 11.4 points (40.7% FG, 30.3% on 3-pointers) and 5.2 assists in 22.2 minutes this season.
Time will tell as to whether Wall attempts to put any blame on the Rockets for this current situation. Because he was waived prior to March 1, Wall would be playoff-eligible for a new team.
Stephen Silas responds to John Wall’s harsh critique of Rockets
John Wall blasts Rockets in new interview, accuses team of tanking