Former Redskins cornerback Quinton Dunbar posted an Instagram response late Sunday night apologizing for the "unnecessary distractions" caused by the arrest warrant issued to him last week on four counts of armed robbery.
Dunbar, traded to the Seattle Seahawks in March, was issued an arrest warrant along with New York Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker and one other unnamed person by the Miramar, Fla. police department. Witnesses alleged that Baker flashed a gun as he and Dunbar stole up to $50,000 in cash, jewelry and valuables from attendees at a May 13 party.
Quinton Dunbar issues a statement on social media. Apologizes to #Seahawks, fans for "unnecessary distractions." Says he's grateful to be on a team that "uphold[s] the credibility of each of its members through adverse situations." pic.twitter.com/nrlOp5IYDX
— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) May 18, 2020
Dunbar turned himself in Saturday and was released from the Broward County jail on $100,000 bond. His lawyer, Michael Greico, told the Miami Herald that Dunbar was innocent and said he had five sworn affidavits from witnesses supporting that claim.
The Redskins dealt Dunbar to Seattle for a 2020 fifth-round draft pick. He had a career-high four interceptions in 2019 and started 11 games. He had requested a trade from Washington.
Stay connected to the Capitals and Wizards with the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.
MORE REDSKINS NEWS
Bond posted: Dunbar released from jail
Career timeline: Dunbar started as a UDFA
Former Redskins CB Quinton Dunbar to Seahawks: Sorry for the distractions originally appeared on NBC Sports Washington