Former Kansas City Chiefs outside linebacker Tamba Hali remains unsigned, but that doesn’t mean he’s not keeping busy.
On Thursday, Hali — one of many athletes to try his hand at music over the years — released the video for “Oh My Gawd,” the debut single from “Tamba Juice,” his first feature-length album. Hali, 34, was released by the Chiefs in March after recording a tackle in five games last season. He spent all 12 of his NFL season in Kansas City.
Hali’s passion for music goes back decades. He grew up playing the drums and singing in the choir back in his home country of Nigeria and has pursued a music career since he arrived in the states approximately 24 years ago. Hali even founded his own record label, Relumae Records, several years ago and has released several singles in the past two years, including “The One For Me,” which reached No. 65 on Billboard’s urban chart.
Hali has mentioned contemplating retirement from the NFL in the past but has not definitively declared whether he intends on continuing his playing career at this point.
He is second all-time in Chiefs history with 89.5 sacks.
– – – – – – – – More from Yahoo Sports:
• World Cup: Russian lawmaker discourages sex with foreigners
• ’He quit’: LeBron James gets ripped by ex-NBAer StephenJackson
• Hall of Fame coach, women’s basketball icon Anne Donovan dies at 56
• Maryland OL dies days after post-workout hospitalization