Once again, the Flyers are looking for a strong response.
After a gut-wrenching 5-3 loss Tuesday to the Islanders, the Flyers (31-19-7) are back at it Thursday when they visit the Panthers (30-20-6).
Let's get into the essentials:
• When: 7 p.m. ET with Flyers Pregame Live at 6:30 p.m. ET
• Where: BB&T Center
• Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
• Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• Thursday is a big night for the Flyers. The Islanders are in action, the Blue Jackets open a back-to-back set and the Hurricanes are off before hosting the Metropolitan Division's last-place team the Devils Friday.
The Flyers enter Thursday holding the Eastern Conference's second wild-card spot and a 58 percent chance to make the playoffs, according to Hockey-Reference.com. They are three points behind the Islanders for third place in the Metropolitan Division, one point behind the Blue Jackets for the first wild-card berth, two points up on the Hurricanes and three ahead of the Panthers.
Yeah, it's busy.
• As disheartening as the loss was Tuesday, Flyers fans can take solace in how the team has gotten back up this season.
Just recently, the Flyers lost to the Penguins, 4-3, in overtime on Jan. 31 and then beat the Avalanche, 6-3, the very next night. They were blown out by the Devils, 5-0, at home last week and answered with a 7-2 thumping of the Capitals two days later in the nation's capital.
The Flyers haven't lost consecutive games since Jan. 4-7.
The #Flyers in games after their previous 5 losses:— Jordan Hall (@JHallNBCS) February 13, 2020
5-0-0 and have outscored opposition 25-13.
And another positive: On one day of rest, they've scored the NHL's second-most goals per game at 3.77 to go along with a plus-29 goal differential.
• Florida is 2-4-1 in February with an NHL-high 25 goals allowed.
Claude Giroux-Sean Couturier-Jakub Voracek
Joel Farabee-Kevin Hayes-Travis Konecny
James van Riemsdyk-Scott Laughton-Tyler Pitlick
Michael Raffl-Connor Bunnaman-Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Ivan Provorov-Matt Niskanen
Travis Sanheim-Philippe Myers
Robert Hagg-Justin Braun
More on the Flyers
Flyers at Panthers: Live stream, storylines, game time and more originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia