Blue White Illustrated is thrilled to present its 2017 Penn State Season Preview magazine, featuring 104 pages of the most in-depth features, news and coverage of the Nittany Lions as they prepare for the upcoming season!
Get ready for the biggest and best Penn State 2017 season preview magazine anywhere!
Blue White Illustrated has put the finishing touches on our blowout, 104-page magazine, and it's going on newsstands across the state of Pennsylvania, from the Maryland border all the way up to the Scranton area and beyond, beginning on July 18. Our annual magazine subscribers will receive their copies in the mail any day.
But, as a special offer to our online readership, we're offering a single-issue sale - mailed directly to you immediately - for just $10.
Now, let's take a look at all of the stories and features in this year's jam-packed season preview magazine!
JAMES FRANKLIN - BWI editor Nate Bauer sat down for an exclusive, extended interview with Penn State head coach James Franklin in advance of his fourth season at the helm of the Nittany Lions. Coming off a Big Ten Championship and Rose Bowl appearance, Franklin runs through his personnel and offers an evaluation of what could be for the Nittany Lions as they move into this much-anticipated 2017 season.
PHIL'S CORNER - Blue White Illustrated publisher Phil Grosz continues our annual preseason edition with a look at the improvements that were necessary - and were made - during the Nittany Lions' spring practice session. Running through every position group on the field, you won't want to miss his insider's look at the names and faces that need to step up into the forefront for the Nittany Lions to have another big year.
RECRUITING - As always, BWI recruiting analysts Ryan Snyder and Tim Owen have your Penn State football recruiting fix. In this issue, we look at the recent verbal commitment of Dorian Hardy and its impact on on the Nittany Lions' Class of 2018. Ryan Snyder offers his analysis of Penn State's expanding recruiting sphere nationally in addition to other news, notes and commentary!
UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL - Wrapping up our yearly introduction to the incoming recruiting class, Blue White Illustrated's Ryan Snyder and Tim Owen take you inside the recruiting processes for Corey Bolds and Mac Hippenhammer. Each young man is profiled for this special section as their college football careers begin in earnest this season.
FOOTBALL SEASON PREVIEW - It's that time again. Blue White Illustrated is proud to present our season preview for the 2017 edition of the Nittany Lions.
- First and Goal: BWI magazine editor Matt Herb kicks us off by evaluating the Nittany Lions as they come off an electrifying season that has led to even bigger expectations for the season ahead. Can the elevated hopes for 2017 come to fruition?
- The Q&As: Blue White Illustrated web site editor Nate Bauer sat down with Penn State's big three coordinators - offensive guru Joe Moorhead, defensive coordinator Brent Pry, and special teams coordinator Charles Huff - in advance of the Nittany Lions' upcoming preseason practices.
If you want to understand Penn State's offense in full, this interview with Moorhead will provide all the insight you need. Explaining Trace McSorley's responsibilities, the pick your poison conflict defenses are faced with, and the long-ball phenomenon from a season ago, Moorhead is especially insightful in this one.
Breaking down the program from top to bottom, you'll go in-depth on Penn State's personnel and the coaches' viewpoints on the pressing story lines, as preseason nears.
- Trace McSorley and Saquon Barkley: For our preseason edition cover story, BWI editor Nate Bauer sat down with the two Nittany Lions playing with, and off, one another as they potentially gear up for Heisman Trophy worthy seasons. In this fascinating feature, Barkley and McSorley reveal all the ways that their lives have changed following last year's success, and how they're keeping their heads on straight as they focus in on reaching their big goals for 2017.
- Mike Gesicki: Mike Gesicki has had his fill when it comes to the story of Mike Gesicki. Ready to move past his tale of disappointment and redemption, the Nittany Lion tight end is simply ready to play football and compete to his highest ability in a final year of eligibility at Penn State.
- Connor McGovern: His position has changed from a season ago, but true sophomore Connor McGovern is ready to take his place at the center of the Nittany Lions' offensive line. Can he fill in where veteran Brian Gaia left off? McGovern, his teammates and coaches are all optimistic for the possibility.
- Shareef Miller: The Nittany Lions' sophomore defensive end is determined to not just pick up where Garrett Sickels and Evan Schwan are leaving off, but to also become a game-changing force at the position this season.
- Jason Cabinda: Already the recipient of plenty of preseason accolades and watch lists, the Nittany Lion captain linebacker is ready to take charge not just of his own position group, but of the defense as a whole. BWI's Tim Owen sat down with the senior to learn more.
- Christian Campbell: Expected to start this season at corner, Christian Campbell tells our BWI editor Matt Herb that he's more motivated than ever to have an excellent season.
- Opponent previews: Herb and Owen also go game-by-game in breaking down the Nittany Lion opponents for the upcoming season. From Akron through Michigan State in the final week of the regular season, the strengths, weaknesses, and key matchups are all here to get you set for the year ahead!
LOU PRATO - Penn State Football historian Lou Prato has a feature in this year's preseason edition you absolutely will not want to miss. Catching up with some of Penn State's most famed quarterback/running back duos, Prato shares the experiences of Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter, Todd Blackledge and Curt Warner as Trace McSorley and Saquon Barkley gear up for an incredibly important year.
These stories, player profiles and Q&As, along with position-by-position analyses and BWI publisher Phil Grosz's reaction at each position are all part of our bursting preseason magazine. You won't want to miss this in-depth preview to the Penn State 2017 football season!
These are just a few of the many stories and features that come with every edition of Blue White Illustrated's magazine! Be sure to order your individual preseason preview issue BELOW: