Subscribe to The Yahoo Fantasy Basketball Podcast
Welcome back! Andy Behrens and Dalton Del Don are here to discuss all things NBA in the latest fantasy basketball podcast.
In this week’s Starting Five, Andy and Dalton run down the five biggest storylines of the fantasy week:
1) New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson is scheduled to make his debut next Wednesday, 1/22. Andy and Dalton explain why his return won’t hurt the value of teammates Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball. (01:48)
2) Denver Nuggets guard Jamal Murray left Wednesday night’s game with a worrisome ankle injury. If Monte Morris is no longer available in your leagues, how about picking up former highly touted prospect, Michael Porter Jr.? (07:38)
3) We have a trade! The Minnesota Timberwolves sent Jeff Teague and Treveon Graham to Atlanta for Allen Crabbe of the Atlanta Hawks. It’s not quite the Kevin Love or Andre Drummond blockbuster we’re waiting for, but Jarrett Culver owners might have hit the jackpot. (09:42)
4) Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Darius Garland is heating up. He’s returned top-40 value in 8-cat formats in the last two weeks — and it looks sustainable. (12:00)
5) Joel Embiid continues to miss games with a hand injury, but Al Horford has finally been able to put up solid value in his absence. (14:18)
Next up, Dalton and Andy discuss some waiver wire pickups, as well as some of the most cut and most added players of late. (17:36)
And we wrap up the show with In Case You Missed It. ICYMI this week: Kevin Durant’s AMA on The Boardroom’s Twitter account giving props to stars like Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird and ... Ben Gordon? Clearly, Kevin Durant is a man of taste.
Please remember to rate, review and subscribe on your podcast provider of choice and send us your questions for future episodes on Twitter @YahooFantasy.
Follow Dalton @daltondeldon
Follow Andy @andybehrens