Who are the experts picking in Penn State’s matchup vs. Rutgers?

·2 min read

With just two games left of the regular season, Penn State is coming off a disappointing loss to Michigan with the defense giving up one big play and the offense unable to finish too many crucial drives. This week, Penn State hosts a Rutgers team led by head coach Greg Schiano.

The Scarlet Knights have had an interesting season, to say the least. Two weeks ago, they got pummeled by Wisconsin 52-3 on their home turf, an outcome that many did not expect to happen. While the Badgers have been on a winning streak, the Nittany Lions have been pretty average.

This is a matchup Penn State should be able to win fashionably.

So, who are the experts picking for this Big Ten matchup? Let’s take a look.

To start, Penn State comes into this game with an 86.8% chance to win while Rutgers has just a 13.2% chance.

Next, a group of writers from Athlon Sports got together and made their predictions for this week. All three of them picked Penn State to beat Rutgers.

Pete Fiutak of College Football News gave a preview of each team for this matchup. He gave reasons why Penn State will win and reasons why Rutgers will win.

However, he then gave his prediction of what will happen during this game. Fiutak predicts Penn State to beat Rutgers, as their offense won’t be enough to move the ball consistently throughout the game and lead the Scarlet Knights to a victory.

Penn State should be able to win this one fairly easily. The defense has had a productive season while Jahan Dotson has been the star of Penn State’s passing game this year.

Rutgers can become bowl eligible with a win over Penn State on Saturday, but it will be tough for them to do so.

Follow Nittany Lions Wire on Twitter and like us on Facebook for continuing Penn State coverage and discussion.