- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
My expert soccer analysis: Nice service from Salomon Kalou, but an ambitious first touch by Elton Brand. Like, very ambitious. Like, a whole Blonde Ambition Tour's worth of ambition. And poor Mike Dunleavy Jr. pays the price.
Look on the bright side, though, Li'l Dun. If you are going to be physically abused in an embarrassing way by someone, it might as well be in Steve Nash's "Showdown in Chinatown" charity soccer game by a former college teammate that you actually like, rather than during an NBA game by a pro teammate/former college rival on whom you'd later lay a flagrant that would eventually lead to a bench-clearing "brawl."
Plus, this will never be as bad a facial as the one Shelden Williams famously gave himself. And you didn't flop; you took the hit like a champ and stood tall. So you've got that going for you, Mike.
That said, I'm having a really hard time envisioning an NBA player who is a more appropriate subject for this kind of story — I think Mike Dunleavy Jr. is easily the most "hit in the face by a soccer ball" player in today's NBA. Who else would be in the running? Please let me know your answer — SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY — in the comments, on Facebook or on Twitter. This is basically the reason social media was invented.
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Adrian Wojnarowski: Suns will pursue Celtics' Ray Allen
• Pat Forde: Cody Miller survives embarrassing wardrobe malfunction to advance at swim trials
• Les Carpenter: Brian Banks, still chasing his NFL dream, could help the league as more than a player
• Y! News: Tennessee man returns $13,000 in cash he found on trash can (VIDEO)