Eagles without 2 starting offensive linemen at Thursday's practice originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia
The Eagles were without two starting linemen at Thursday’s practice as they continue preparations to face the Ravens this weekend at the Linc.
After he’s been in and out of the lineup the last two weeks, Lane Johnson (ankle) missed his second straight practice on Thursday. It’s not a good sign to miss the first two practice days of the week.
Earlier in the week, Doug Pederson was non-committal about Johnson’s availability for this coming game and the Eagles might be better off giving Johnson a week of rest. After all, the Eagles host the Giants on Thursday Night Football in Week 7.
Without Johnson and Pryor, the Eagles were without two starters on an offensive line that has already been completely decimated by injuries.
Here’s what the line looked like on Thursday:
LT: Jordan Mailata
LG: Nate Herbig
C: Jason Kelce
RG: Jamon Brown
RT: Jack Driscoll
Here are some other important notes from Thursday’s session:
• K’Von Wallace (neck) returned after missing Wednesday’s session. Fletcher Cox (personal) also returned. Both were full participants.
• Brown, Shaun Bradley and Hassan Ridgeway returned after missing Wednesday with “illness.” That’s a good sign. In this season, any player exhibiting any cold or flue-like symptoms can’t practice. That’s why we’ve seen so many players miss days with “illness” this year.
• Darius Slay (concussion) was back on the field today with a helmet. He was also out there on Wednesday but officially didn’t practice. On Thursday, he was a limited participant, which means he’s progressing.
• DeSean Jackson (hamstring), Alshon Jeffery (foot), Avonte Maddox (ankle) and Richard Rodgers (neck) all practiced Thursday after being limited on Wednesday. All were limited against Thursday. There’s some hope that Jackson, Jeffery or both might be able to return this weekend.
• S Marcus Epps (rib) and LB Duke Riley (rib) did not practice and were both spectators for the second straight day.