MORE HEADLINES - 10 thoughts from the weekend: The QB, the defense and more | What did we learn in Pitt's loss at Syracuse? | What are the five big questions facing Pitt this week? | PODCAST: The road home from Syracuse | Pickett's play adds new layer of complication to Pitt's QB situation | Post-game video: Jordan Whitehead
Pitt made a few changes to the two-deep on Monday, and here's a full rundown of this week's depth chart.
Offense depth chart - Week Seven
Ruben Flowers III
Jimmy Morrissey OR
Mike Herndon OR
Jerry Drake Jr.
- There were only two changes to the offensive two-deep. At quarterback, Ben DiNucci is the starter after Max Browne left the Syracuse game with an injury to his throwing arm. Freshman Kenny Pickett is now the backup at the position.
- Pitt also changed the two-deep at running back. Last week, the coaches listed Qadree Ollison and Chawntez Moss as "OR" starters, but with Moss suspended "indefinitely," according to Pat Narduzzi, he is no longer listed. Now junior Darrin Hall is the lone backup to Ollison.
- The coaches kept a pair of "OR's" on the offensive line. The first is at center, splitting Jimmy Morrissey, who has started every game this season, and Connor Dintino, who rotated in during the last two games.
The other "OR" is at right guard between Mike Herndon and Brandon Hodges. That "OR" is another carryover from last week after Hodges started the Georgia Tech and Rice games but Herndon started at Syracuse. Ultimately, the coaches rotated liberally at right guard in each of the last two games.
Defense depth chart - Week Seven
James Folston Jr.
Rashad Weaver OR
Patrick Jones II
Damar Hamlin OR
Jason Pinnock OR
Dane Jackson OR
- There were only a couple minor changes on the defensive two-deep. At defensive end, Rashad Weaver and Allen Edwards are "OR" starters; that was the case last week, too, although last week the coaches put Edwards name first and this week Weaver's comes first, for whatever that's worth.
- Similarly, last week, Chase Pine and Elias Reynolds had an "OR" between them in the depth at middle linebacker. This week, there's no "OR" and Reynolds is listed first behind Saleem Brightwell.
- The coaches continue to list Dane Jackson and Damarri Mathis as "OR" starters at cornerback, although Jackson has started every game and Mathis didn't play any snaps on defense at Syracuse. In fact, Therran Coleman is listed behind Jackson and Mathis, but he started as a nickel and played a lot of snaps.
Special teams depth chart - Week Seven