Conor McGregor says UFC 264 trilogy vs. Dustin Poirier set: ‘Adjust and absolutely f**king destroy!’

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
MMA Junkie Staff
·1 min read
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

The UFC hasn’t made a formal announcement yet, but it looks like the summer’s hottest ticket is set.

The expected trilogy fight between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor is a done deal, according to McGregor. The former two-division champion on Saturday posted on Instagram that his rematch with Poirier has been booked. Poirier signed his half of the bout agreement Friday.

“The fight is booked! July 10th you’re gonna see what the Mac is about. Adjust and absolutely fucking destroy! #BilliStrut,” McGregor posted.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

The fight is expected to headline UFC 264, which UFC president Dana White has said could take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. In the pandemic era, all of the UFC’s events in Las Vegas so far have taken place at the UFC Apex.

Poirier (27-6 MMA, 19-5 UFC) reportedly decided to go after a third fight with McGregor (22-5 MMA, 10-3 UFC) rather than fight for the vacant lightweight title after Khabib Nurmagomedov retired.

Michael Chandler and Charles Oliveira will fight for that belt next month at UFC 262, and the Poirier-McGregor winner could be next in line for the winner and new champion.

After McGregor picked up a first-round knockout of Poirier in their first matchup at UFC 178 in September 2014, Poirier evened the score in the rematch with a second-round TKO at UFC 257 in January.

List

Fight Game on the 'Gram: Conor McGregor's best posts before UFC 257

List

Twitter reacts to Dustin Poirier's stunning TKO of Conor McGregor at UFC 257