McGregor revealed his plans on Twitter after briefly addressing Diego Sanchez, who expressed interest in making his last fight one against McGregor. "I'm boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East," he wrote, giving little in the way of details. "It will be a true honour to have faced two of the greatest boxers of the modern era, afraid of a fight." He previously fought with Floyd Mayweather, who said in July that he would be open to a rematch in the future.
Anyway all water under the bridge who gives a fook.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) September 25, 2020
I’m boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East.
It will be a true honour to have faced two of the greatest boxers of the modern era, afraid of a fight.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) September 25, 2020
As of right now, McGregor didn't give an indication as to when the fight would take place. ESPN reports that it could down somewhere between late December or early January, although that is subject to change. As his future in the UFC remains foggy, McGregor's manager Audie Attar said the UFC is on-board with the fight and that he's likely to return to the UFC next year.
Earlier this month, McGregor was arrested for indecent exposure and alleged sexual assault following an altercation in a bar in Corscia, France. He was arrested and taken into custody after a complaint was issued to police.
- Conor McGregor Reportedly Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault and Indecent Exposure in Corsica (UPDATE)
- Episode 1 of Snapchat's 'Conor McGregor vs the World' Released
- Snapchat Drops Official Trailer for 'Conor McGregor vs the World' Docuseries
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.