The best and the brightest from the BDL week that was ...
• You know, it realy is a shame this guy isn't the Thunder's new mascot. His attention to detail is impressive.
• Steve Martin, Harold Miner, a topless Chris Mulllin, and Jordan in a fake mustache — old school Nike commercials were the best.
• Hey, Rod, look at the floorboard; you'll see three pedals. From left to right, they are: gas, brake, clutch. Or is it clutch, brake, gas? Crap. Forget I said anything. Take a long nap. You deserve it.
• Berry Tramel and I are dumb. The best nickname in the league is Timberwolves. Case closed.
• My go-to H-O-R-S-E moves include throwing it from behind my back and in, a reverse 360 spinning lay-up, and bouncing it in off my head ala Nash. David Kalb would crush me.
• Does anyone like the new OKC nickname, logo and colors? Don't all put your hands up at once.
• The words coming out Travis Outlaw's mouth are a tad confusing.
• Dwyer cares that Vince Carter doesn't care what Phil Jackson thinks. I think.
• According to Wikipedia, Calcium is essential for living organisms, particularly in cell physiology, where movement of the calcium ion Ca2+ into and out of the cytoplasm functions as a signal for many cellular processes. So ... yeah. Go us!
• Michael Jordan smokes, American Cancer Society burns, readers sigh.
• You'd be amazed by how many people thought Michael Phelps actually signed with the Miami Heat. That tells you all you need to know about the Heat's roster.
OK, that's enough. Enjoy the weekend, friends, and I'll see you on the red carpet, LeBron.