- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Canelo Alvarez’s next 11 fights will be available to watch on DAZN. The 28-year-old finalized his deal with the streaming service Wednesday, and it sounds like he’s going to make a ton of money in the process.
How much? Well, if the reported figures are to be believed, Alvarez just signed the biggest contract in the history of sports. While the official figure hasn’t been released just yet, outlets are reporting the deal is worth at least $365 million.
Alvarez’s rumored deal with DAZN was first reported by Yahoo Sports’ Kevin Iole. It will begin as early as December. His fight with Rocky Fielding on Dec. 15 is slated to stream on the service.
Alvarez was looking for a fight deal after HBO announced it would stop broadcasting boxing before the end of the year. DAZN — pronounced Da Zone — has been a popular destination for the sport. The service currently charges $9.99 per month for subscribers.
– – – – – – –
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Sources: Red Sox warned about alleged Astros cheating
• Controversial trade backfires on Astros
• Pete Thamel: Top 10 college football QB prospects
• Tim Brown: Dodgers’ Machado emerges as October’s villain