Bruins share bad news on Nosek, good news on Carlo originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston
The good news is Carlo returned to the ice as a full participant in practice after exiting Thursday's win over the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury he sustained blocking a shot.
"We expect him to be available [for Sunday night's game against the San Jose Sharks]. We'll see how he feels after today's skate," Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said.
The bad news is Nosek will miss at least the next four weeks with a non-displaced fracture in his left foot, also the result of a blocked shot on Thursday. The centerman already had been dealing with an undisclosed injury.
Nosek's prior injury led to Boston recalling center Joona Koppanen from Providence. The 24-year-old will see more consistent playing time in Nosek's absence, and Montgomery is encouraged by what he saw from him in Saturday's practice.
"I thought his first game was better than his second," Montgomery said. "I thought with his second there's areas where - or things that happened in the game where he's going to learn and get better from.
"I mean, it's the NHL. You're going to sometimes be in situations where you're going to say, 'Next time, I'm going to be more aggressive or next time I'm going to do this. But he didn't hurt us at all. He helped us win that game. And then I think today in practice is the best I've seen him look."
Montgomery expects another roster move to be made in the coming days.
"I think we're going to call up someone after our game [Sunday] or Monday morning, but I don't know which one," he said. "We're going to have to, we can't just go with 12 forwards."
The Bruins will host the San Jose Sharks on Sunday night. They enter the matchup with an NHL-best 36-5-4 record.