"The world is corrupt, and FIFA represents the world."
That's Yahoo Sports' Dan Wetzel writing on the surprising Wednesday morning arrests of multiple high-level FIFA officials, and he's here on the podcast to talk in more detail. Wetzel has covered two World Cups, and he answers multiple pressing questions about the ongoing corruption scandal, including:
• How worried should FIFA be, and why wasn't FIFA president Sepp Blatter charged?
• Will FIFA move the 2018 and 2022 World Cups from Russia and Qatar?
• How might this affect the United States' 2026 World Cup bid?
• What's the difference in levels (and style!) of corruption between the Olympics and the World Cup?
• Will the human rights violations in Qatar spur any kind of action prior to 2022?
Get up to speed with the entire FIFA scandal right here.
Thanks for listening to the Grandstanding podcast with Jay Busbee and Kevin Kaduk. Hit us up on Twitter (@kevinkaduk and @jaybusbee) Facebook (Kaduk here, Busbee here) or via the hashtag #grandstanding. See you next ep!
And keep up with Jay over on Facebook, too.