Caroline Wozniacki is No. 1! Rory McIlroy is No. 2! And the lovebirds have the picture to prove it!
The female tennis star and her beau, U.S. Open golf champion Rory McIlroy, were together over the weekend in Shanghai, where Rory was competing in the HSBC Champions tournament. By virtue of his fourth-place finish, the youngster moved to No. 2 in the world golf rankings, one spot behind where Wozniacki sits in the WTA rankings.
They celebrated McIlroy's career-high ranking by posing for a photograph, taken by McIlroy's fellow Northern Irish golfer, Graeme McDowell:
The two began dating this summer, after McIlroy won the U.S. Open at Congressional. Following Wozniacki's loss at the year-end WTA Championships in Istanbul, she jetted to China to see McIlroy play in the Shanghai Masters. She may have been returning the favor of McIlroy, who, in August, flew directly from the PGA Championship to see Wozniacki play in Cincinnati.
Given this photo depicting the golfer/tennis rankings, I wonder when the other high-profile intersport couple, Adam Scott and Ana Ivanovic, will take a picture of themselves holding up eight and 22 fingers, respectively.
Come to think of it, maybe Caro and Rory weren't doing finger representations of their respective rankings. Perhaps they were doing something else entirely. Some suggestions:
1.. Guessing how many Euros McIlroy spends on his haircut.
2. Responding to the question, "Which 'House Party' film was your favorite?"
3. Predicting how long, in weeks, it will be before Kim Kardashian tries to find a tennis player to date.
4. Visually representing the percentage chance of the major-less Wozniacki winning a Grand Slam next year.
Oh, I kid. The best of luck to McWozilroy. There's nothing better than being young and in love, unless it's being young, in love and at the top of your respective sports.
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Bengals look special under Andy Dalton's command
• Magic Johnson's life since revealing he had HIV has been even more stunning
• Video: Manny Pacquiao's foot speed and quickness workout