When Nikolay Davydenko dropped out of the top 10 of the ATP rankings earlier this year, it was hard to see him returning any time soon.
The Russian, who had risen to as high as No. 3 in the world, appeared mired in a terminal decline. He was struggling desperately for form and failing to find any kind of consistency.
Davydenko often looked listless and dispirited, leading to speculation that he may be close to calling time on his career.
However, a four-month injury layoff seems to have rejuvenated Davydenko's spirits and last week he clinched back-to-back titles, winning in Umag, Croatia, to follow his German Open triumph.
Now back at No.8 on the official list, Davydenko comes in at No.7 on the Yahoo! Sports Power Rankings, our list of who's hot and who's not in the men's game.
1. (1) Roger Federer - currently enjoying fatherhood but back on Tour soon
2. (2) Andy Murray - gearing up for his favorite hard-court swing
3. (3) Rafael Nadal - returns from injury layoff in Montreal next week
4. (4) Andy Roddick - full of confidence and eying a big U.S. Open run
5. (5) Novak Djokovic - a decent summer resurrected his season
6. (6) Juan Martin del Potro - putting together a big year, emerging as a potential Slam threat
7. (NR) Nikolay Davydenko - back-to-back titles following return from injury
8. (8) Robin Soderling - feels he can make an impact over the next month
Previous rankings in parentheses.