A daily look at who's in and who's out in the world of the World Cup ...
Clinched knockout round spot (through Wednesday): Chile, Netherlands
Eliminated from knockout contention (through Wednesday) Australia, Spain, Cameroon
What happened on Wednesday?
• Chile (6 points) eliminated defending champion Spain (0) with a shocking 2-0 win.
• Netherlands (6) squeaked by Australia, 3-2.
What that means: Netherlands and Chile will play for first place in the group Monday in Sao Paulo but both are guaranteed a spot in the knockout round. Australia and Spain are eliminated from knockout contention after two losses and will play each other in their final group match.
• Croatia (3) eliminated Cameroon (0) with a 4-0 shutout.
What that means: Croatia's win set up a big showdown with Mexico. Croatia is guaranteed to advance with a win while Mexico (4) would move on with a win or draw. Brazil (4) advances with a win or draw over Cameroon.
What's at stake on Thursday?
• Colombia (3) vs. Ivory Coast (3): Winner takes control of the group standings with one match to go.
• Japan (0) vs. Greece (0): A loss + a draw in Colombia-Ivory Coast eliminates either team
• Uruguay (0) and England (0): A loss + a draw in Friday's Italy-Costa Rica match eliminates either team.
More World Cup coverage on Yahoo Sports: