Screengrab courtesy of NBC Sports. Now, onto your reasons to cheer for the U.S. women's synchronized swim team ...
1. The U.S. has a bronze and gold medal for team competition in two of the last three Olympic Games.
2. Every swimmer will make their Olympics debut. That includes Andrea Nott, an alternate at the Athens games.
3. The U.S. is one of five teams who qualified through "continental qualification", along with Egypt, China, Russia and Australia (Antarctica failed to thaw in time for its citizens to practice... boo-yah).
4. Hacksaw Jim Duggan will be cheering for the ladies, and so should you. USA. USA. USA!
5. Team USA will knock the silly grins off the Russians' faces.
6. It's the only sport that involves the terms eggbeater, flamingo and tub position, which invariably leads to awkward conversation.
7. If you don't appreciate the artistry and athleticism, you can still appreciate the comedy -- even without Martin Short and Christopher Guest.
8. They've got that whole "manner of presentation" thing down cold.