Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Who will start Game 1 for the Pittsburgh Penguins? [Pens]
• Jonathan Toews on the Detroit Red Wings: “They've got some veteran guys who have won Stanley Cups and they understand what it takes to win during playoff time, and that's the reason they came out on top.” [Sun Times]
• The cops are on high alert for Game 7 at Toronto’s viewing party. [G&M]
• Joffrey Lupul believes the Boston Bruins have the pressure for Game 7: “We’ve won two in a row. The pressure is mostly on them. I don’t think a lot of people expected this game to even be happening, especially when we were down, 3-1.” [Bruins Blog]
• Bourne looks at three players that are game changers, a.k.a. players who are doing pretty damn well in the postseason. [BHS]
• The Washington Capitals are none too pleased with the Derek Dorsett slew-foot on Mike Green in Game 6. [NYT]
• The Rangers are undaunted by the Caps’ home ice for Game 7: “I think there’s an advantage to the home team, but quite honestly, we’re the visiting team and we really don’t care.” [WashPost]
• Kerry Fraser believes that Green deserved a major penalty for cross-checking Dorsett in the mouth, which is hilarious because Kerry Fraser would never call that penalty in the postseason. [TSN]
• In celebration of Patrick Marleau’s playoff prowess. [NHL.com]
• Marty St. Louis gives GM Steve Yzerman a vote of confidence. So no trade request then? [Lightning Strikes]
• Who was the best player in the NHL this season? [THN]
• Peoria to the Southern Professional Hockey League? [SPHL]
• Finally, the birth of the Wings/Blackhawks rivalry:A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.