- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Injuries happen now and again during warmups, but what happened with Edmonton Oilers forward Taylor Hall before their game Tuesday night against the Columbus Blue Jackets can only be described as freak.
After falling, Hall slid on the ice and took out Ladislav Smid. Right after that, Corey Potter tried to hurdle and avoid the pair, but his skate ended up making contact with Hall's head.
Here's our pal Jeff Marek narrating things:
Hall was cut over his left eye and stayed in the dressing room instead of going to a local hospital for stitches. According to Sportsnet's Mark Spector, a plastic surgeon was on site to take care of the stitches.
That pregame mishap would be the end of Hall's night as he was later scratched.
Follow Sean Leahy on Twitter at @Sean_Leahy
Other popular content on the Y! network:
• Busted Racquet: John Isner celebrates Aussie win Cam Newton style
• Michael Jordan: Only one player has earned the right for comparison
• Video: UNC Greensboro wins on a sweet buzzer-beating alley-oop
• Y! Health: Calling out the six worst soups in America