Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Everything happens for a reason...
— Marian Gaborik (@MGaborik10) May 29, 2013
• Care to expand on that, Marian?
• John Tortorella has been fired for about 24 hours now and the sources are coming out telling the media how much his grating style had an effect on the New York Rangers. [NY Post]
• Valtteri Filppula's injury in Game 7 was a high ankle sprain. [Detroit Free Press]
• The end to the Blackhawks-Red Wings series also means an end to their Campbell Conference rivalry. [NHL.com]
• Marc-Andre Fleury on his future with the Pittsburgh Penguins after this season: “I'm trying not to think about it. I don't want to think about it.” [Tribune Review]
• The Montreal Canadiens will not be bringing back Michael Ryder. [TSN]
• The Sochi Olympic Organizing Committee unveiled the medals that will be handed out at the 2014 Games next February. Get a good look at the gold one, Jonathan Quick. [Fourth Place Medal]
• Have you ever wanted to own a real penalty box? The actual home penalty box from Maple Leaf Gardens is currently up for auction. A parent should buy it and use it as the time out corner. [Frozen Pond]
• There's a discussion going on in Canada as to whether or not the CHL should ban European goaltenders. This is a serious thing that is currently happening. [Buzzing the Net]
• Rogue Canadian minor hockey league that allows checking? Rogue Canadian minor hockey league that allows checking. [Sun News]
• Andrei Mikhalyov of Belarus has been suspended two years by the IIHF after testing positive for methylhexaneamine in February. [IIHF]
• The grades for the Dallas Stars' defense are not good. [The Hockey Writers]
• Andre Tourigny looks like he'll be the first hire under Patrick Roy for the Avalanche. [Mile High Hockey]
• CBC's Craig Simpson thinks the Edmonton Oilers need to ship Shawn Horcoff and Ales Hemsky out of town. [Edmonton Journal]
• CCM signs up expected top picks Seth Jones, Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin. [National Post]
• Steve Sullivan and Matt D'Agostini will need to find new teams next season as they won't be with the New Jersey Devils. [NJ.com]
• Alabama Huntsville head coach Kurt Kleinendorst stepped down after one season. He said he has his eye on rejoining the professional ranks. [AL.com]
• Finally, Danny Moczisko is a Blackhawks fan who gave up on them after they went down 3-1 in their series to the Red Wings. Well, we know how that ended up, so poor Danny was left to literally eat his own words: