Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Two years since his injury during the 2011 Winter Classic, everything now seems to be back to normal for Sidney Crosby. [Sportsnet]
• The New Jersey man who was beaten severely after the Winter Classic last January in Philadelphia has filed a lawsuit against one of his attacker and the bar he was drinking at. [NJ.com]
• Before they host the Minnesota Wild on Sunday, the St. Louis Blues will wear "Musial 6" jerseys during the pre-game warmups that will be auctioned off to benefit Cardinals Care and the St. Louis Blues 14 Fund. The fact that the Blues scored 6 goals on the day Stan "The Man" died is pretty neat. [Blues]
• As the New Jersey Devils prepare for the Washington Capitals tonight, Adam Henrique participated in the morning skate and could be back in 7-10 days from a thumb injury. [Fire and Ice]
• Defending Big D on the Jamie Benn signing: "Joe Nieuwendyk has had his ups and downs since coming to Dallas but he continues to methodically rebuild this team and he's doing it smartly; being patient in these negotiations got a very good deal for both player and the team. While the wait and delay into the season was certainly frustrating, the Stars patience in this process certainly paid off in the end." [DBD]
• The story of Hockey Night in Canada host Ron MacLean's wife, Cari, and her recovery from a pulmonary embolism suffered in October. [The Star]
• Have you missed escrow talk? No? Well, it's been set at 10 per cent for this season, according to Pierre LeBrun. [ESPN]
• This is the face of John Mitchell of the Colorado Avalanche: hockey player. [@6ErikJohnson]
• The new CBA states that players not on an entry-level contract can have their own hotel room on the road. The Buffalo Sabres actually miss the camaraderie. [Buffalo News]
• No surgery just yet for Ville Leino and his injured right hip. [Buffalo Hockey Beat]
• So far, so good for Alexander Semin in Carolina. [Sunbelt Hockey Journal]
• On the New Jersey Devils and their strong start. [The Hockey Writers]
• Good on the New Hampshire men's hockey team for "adopting" a 12-year old cancer survivor, who's been a long time fan of the program. [Seacoast Online]
• It's Jonas Brodin time in Minnesota. [First Round Bust]
• Finally, while Nail Yakupov's goal is getting a lot of pub, please do not forget about this Matt Duchene beauty:A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
NHL video from Yahoo! Sports:
Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
• Ray Lewis, a polarizing figure, is the Ravens' driving force
• Lions WR Titus Young is 'tired of the threats,' dares team to cut him
• NC State student writes touching column about legendary UNC coach Dean Smith
• Are the 2012 Oakland A's sustainable?