• Feast your eyes on some screengrabs from NHL 13. [Operation Sports]
Preview: New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers, 8 p.m. ET
Except to see a different Rangers team Wednesday, and not just because they'll be plugging two Brandons into the lineup, with Brandon Dubinsky making his series debut and Brandon Prust returning from his one-game suspension. The Rangers have played fabulously at Madison Square Garden this postseason, and it's hardly possible for them to be as poor as they were in the 4-1 Game 4 loss that evened this series at two games apiece. The Rangers desperately need to get their forwards going, as Chris Krieder is the only one with two goals. Might we see a more open game than we've grown accustomed to?
• Cool post on Sidney Crosby's comic book death. [The Hockey Writers]
• An open letter to Shane Doan from a Kings fan. Incredibly, it's nice. [Nebulous Verbosity]
• Kirk McLean's entire career is up for auction, if that's what you're into. [PITB]
• If the Devils and Rangers go to a Game 7, it will be shown on NBC Sports, not NBC. Why? The Senior PGA tour's got dibs. [Newsday]
• The Oilers don't need a stud defenceman just yet. [Oilers Nation]
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: Luke, on the screenshot of the woman behind the Coyotes' bench Wednesday night:
If you stare hard enough thru the picture like one of those Magic Eye books you CAN see Dave Tippett.....
Bold Prediction: Brandon Dubinsky scores in his first game back.