Here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Preview: Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. EST. The backend of the home-and-home will take place tonight in Newark in the middle of a snowstorm. Should the Flyers wind up victorious, it'll be the first time they've won a season series with New Jersey since the 2003-04 season. Michael Leighton(notes) will make his fourth straight start for the Flyers and newly acquired Ville Leino(notes) will be scratched according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News. Any chance Jeff Carter(notes) will have his head on a swivel after his hit on Anssi Salmela Monday night? Watch this game live on Y! Sports
Preview: Washington Capitals at Montreal Canadiens, 7:30 p.m. EST. Attempting to improve their franchise record winning streak to 15 games, the Capitals head to Bell Centre coming off an inspired comeback against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday afternoon. Alex Ovechkin(notes) has scored 30 points in his last 14 games and whenever he plays Montreal, good things seems to happen. Carey Price(notes) will start for the Habs, while Michal Neuvirth(notes) will likely be in goal for the Capitals.
Preview: Atlanta Thrashers at Colorado Avalanche, 9 p.m. EST. Heading into game three of a four game homestand, Colorado looks to improve their record to 3-0, while the Thrashers continue to fight for points in their mission to grab one of the remaining playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. As of tonight, Atlanta sits 11th in the East, three points from the eighth spot. Suffering from a bruised foot, Ryan O'Reilly(notes) will be a game time decision for the Avs, while defenseman John-Michael Liles(notes) will yet again be a healthy scratch. Watch this game live on Y! Sports
Check out previews and updated scores for all of today's games on the Y! Sports NHL scores and scheds page.
• Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas(notes) tells Joe Haggerty that he's heard the trade rumors and that he "won't respond to something that's completely fictitious". That means all of your trade proposals from NHL 10 will not get a response from Thomas. [CSNNE] h/t Kukla
• Wysh checks in from Vancouver and gives us the 411 on the living conditions inside the Olympic Village. [Fourth Place Medal]
• An Illinois judge found that there was insufficient evidence from a dashboard camera to prove Chicago Wolves defenseman Chris Chelios(notes) was driving impaired. The DUI charge against him may be dropped. [ABC News]
• Despite "Snowpacalypse" now hitting the Northeast, the New York Rangers-Nashville Predators game is still set to go on tonight at MSG. Brooks says that Marian Gaborik(notes) will not play after suffering a deep laceration to his thigh yesterday during practice. [NY Post]
• Lepore with a couple of notes today. First, former New Jersey Devils, Columbus Blue Jackets and Dallas Stars winger Grant Marshall will suit up for the Washington Generals against the Harlem Globetrotters this Saturday night at Prudential Center. Coaching the Generals will be former longtime Devil Bruce Driver. [Puck the Media]
• Also, for our friends without DirecTV, Versus will show five NHL games the week after the Olympics end. [PTM]
"Not as good as the Chicago Blackhawks customized Model T in honour of Chris Chelios rookie season."