Here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Preview: Montreal Canadiens at Detroit Red Wings, 7 p.m. EST. Both teams enter tonight's matchup on three-game streaks. The Canadiens hope to win their fourth straight, while the Red Wings are trying to avoid losing their fourth straight game. Scott Gomez(notes) and Yannick Weber(notes) are out and P.K. Subban(notes) and Dustin Boyd(notes) are in for Montreal. Mike Babcock isn't expected to change his starting lines from their last game.
Preview: New Jersey Devils at Ottawa Senators, 7:30 p.m. EST. Martin Brodeur(notes) returns to the Devils goal for the first time since Nov. 18th and will face Pascal Leclaire(notes). The Senators are coming off their blown lead against the New York Rangers last night and are currently dealing with a feud between Alex Kovalev(notes) and head coach Cory Clouston. Watch this game live via Y! Sports in the US.
Preview: Calgary Flames at Anaheim Ducks, 10 p.m. EST. Anaheim takes an 11-game winning streak against the Flames at Honda Center into tonight's tilt. Teemu Selanne(notes) is questionable tonight with a groin injury and Jonas Hiller(notes) will be back in goal for the Ducks. Watch this game live via Y! Sports in the US
• Mirtle talks to members of the Maple Leafs about the waffles that found their way to the ice at Air Canada Centre, including Luke Schenn(notes) who didn't seem to be in a joking mood: "If you're bringing waffles to a game, maybe you have issues of your own." Guess Schenn doesn't want one of these shirts? [Globe & Mail]
• Mike Babcock on tomorrow's "Big Chill" outdoor game between Michigan and Michigan State at Michigan Stadium: "This should be a weekend combination. I say this every year, State and Michigan could do all the work for the NHL and you could have a game here every year. It holds what 117,000 (fans)? That wouldn't be bad." [Detroit News] Stick-tap to Puck Buddy Jeff
• Via Puck Buddy Matt comes more fun with NHL Auctions. This time it's a gift basket of Michael Leighton's(notes) favorite things. Some of the items included are a Leighton jersey, game-used goalie glove, "Dumb and Dumber" and "Wedding Crashers" DVDs, and a bag of Lays ketchup flavored potato chips. All items are autographed by the Philadelphia Flyers goaltender, including the potato chip bag.
• You said "shinny", right Craig Laughlin? Maybe not. [Kukla's Korner]
• Finally, via Dmitry, it's International Line Brawl Week apparently. Here's one from the KHL between Vityaz and Avangard six seconds into the game:
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: Cale P. on this morning's Jersey Fouls post:
"I'm not going to be impressed with a Recchi Frankenjersey until one hits every team he's played for."
Bold Prediction: Red Wings end their three-game skid with a 4-3 shootout win over Montreal.