Back by popular demand, here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• Benoit Pouliot finished in sixth place during last night's Handstand Competition between the Bruins and Canadians with this feeble attempt. [AP]
Preview: Los Angeles Kings at St. Louis Blues, 7:30 p.m. ET. Under Ken Hitchcock, the Blues have yet to lose in regulation going 4-0-2 since Davis Payne was fired and climbing to within three points of first place in the Central Division. Jaroslav Halak is scheduled to battle Jonathan Bernier as the Kings look to bounce back after getting their three-game win streak snapped on Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings.
Preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 p.m. ET. David Steckel versus Victor Hedman! How many times will they be asked about Sidney Crosby today? In good news for the Leafs, goaltender James Reimer met with the media today for the first time in a month and said he is progressing well and hopes to be back soon. Both teams are looking to turn things around as the Leafs have won once in their last five games, while the Lightning has taken two points once in four.
Preview: Edmonton Oilers at Nashville Predators, 8 p.m. ET. Wrapping up a five game homestand where they've taken six out of a possible eight points, the Predators look to go out winners before they head off for a five game road trip. The Oilers have lost five of six and their last four on the road.
• Jochen Hecht expects to return from a concussion tomorrow night against the Boston Bruins. Expect a roomier press box at First Niagara Center tomorrow than what was in Pittsburgh on Monday night. [Sabres Edge]
• After four games and one assist this season, the Detroit Red Wings have sent Fabian Brunnstrom down to Grand Rapids of the AHL. [MLive]
• The New York Islanders announced today that forward Micheal Haley has been recalled from loan from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League. [Islanders]
• Finally, here's four minutes of farmers being asked who they think will win the Stanley Cup this year (Spoiler: Lots of Leafs and Oilers fans in the video):
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: Bitter Wings Fan on the Tim Tebow/Sidney Crosby comparisons:
"The main difference that voids the Tebow / Crosby analogy is that Crosby is universally considered and accepted as the best in the game at his position. Nobody would dare make that type of claim about Tebow."
My fantasy football team would agree with you.
Bold Prediction: Pekke Rinne with the 4-0 shutout of the Oilers.