Here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Preview: Phoenix Coyotes at St. Louis Blues, 7:30 p.m. ET. While all of the eight spots in the Western Conference are wrapped up, the Coyotes and Blues still have something to play for. St. Louis is still fighting with Vancouver and the New York Rangers for the Presidents' Trophy and the No. 1 seed in the West, while Phoenix still has a shot to win the Pacific Division and No. 3 seed. Mike Smith is looking for his fourth straight shutout as his current streak stands at 219:59 without allowing a goal.
• Minnesota's Nate Prosser was suspended 1 game by the NHL for his headbutt on Jamal Mayers of the Chicago Blackhawks last night. Here's Shanny with the explanation:A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
• John Tortorella's latest rant has earned him a $20,000 fine from the NHL. We now fear that his playoff press conferences will consist of only "yes" or "no" answers. [NHL]
• No longer just a playoff rental, the Philadelphia Flyers announced that they've signed Nicklas Grossmann to a multi-year extension. [Seravalli]
• Congratulations to Jack Connolly from the University of Minnesota-Duluth on winning the 2012 Hobey Baker Award.
• The Blues have started selling playoff shirts with the Stanley Cup on them. Tempting the hockey gods, are we? [St. Louis Gametime]
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: "Bk8718" with a not-so-fun fact if you're from Toronto:
"Fun fact: with the Panthers clinching last night, there is now only one team that has yet to make the playoffs since the lockout: The Toronto Maple Leafs."
Bold prediction: Smith allows a goal, but the Coyotes edge the Blues 3-2 in a shootout.